It is currently Mon Sep 25, 2017 3:10 pm

Reply to topic  [ 2 posts ] 
 It's A Knock Out 

Post It's A Knock Out
Well we are now well and truly up and running, with the first round of the KOC Quarter finals done and dusted, we can take a quick peek and all make wild bets on who will be the front runners of this new season.

Having refereed two of these, I can say that once again the Icemen look very strong. Craig did what Craig does and went through the card unbeaten at Togliatti, closely followed by his team mates. The support from his fellow riders was all too evident, and only a fool would put money elsewhere this point, but it is early doors. Pushing them hard I am sure will be a revitalised Storm, who with Shaun at No.1 look to be real deal again. My last early each way bet has to go to the Cows, who turned over a massive 13 pt deficit with 6 heats left to knock out a shell shocked Piemen. The prospect of Ice against Cows in the semi is one I am looking forward to witnessing, as 'youth' meets ' experience' and it will be great to see how Craig's younger charges fair with the rough and tumble of the boys from the ranch.

With any luck, thanks to Speedycheese we should have our piece appearing in this weeks Speedway Star (edit...it is in !). This I am hoping will bring in a few new pool riders to boost the ranks. The success and longevity of this game is massively dependant on a thriving pool, and the last few years we have got by with a bare bones, and it has been a captains nightmare at times.
If you do get to meet any new members over the next few weeks, please can you go out of your way to extend a warm welcome, and help them wherever possible - we all know what it was like when we joined.

With Christmas just around the corner, we will now await the start of the new year before we actively kick off the pool meetings once again. Most people will be with family or out at parties over the next few weeks so it seems pointless trying to get it together any earlier, as ever...we can fill the vacant slots with lower order riders should the need arise.

This might be my last blog before the break, so can I take this opportunity to wish you all a very Merry Christmas, and a prosperous new year in S8 !

Thu Dec 12, 2013 7:04 am
Profile WWW

Post Re: It's A Knock Out
I guess that makes the Sharks the underdogs - just the way I like it :wink:

Thu Dec 12, 2013 8:31 am
Profile WWW
Reply to topic   [ 2 posts ]