It is currently Tue Sep 26, 2017 9:57 pm

Reply to topic  [ 17 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next
 How to run STS on Mac. 

Post How to run STS on Mac.
I will be showing you how I managed to get STS/Turbo Sliders to work for my MacBook Pro.

1. First off you will need to download 'WineBottler', this allows you to download and install applications used on windows only. Just go to http://winebottler.kronenberg.org/ and click the download button and then drag both Wine and WinBottler into applications.

2. Next you will need to download turbo sliders (link can be found by clicking on guide on the BSS website). Once downloaded open the file you downloaded it should be called 'turbosliders.exe', then it will ask you if you want to run it directly or convert to simple OS X Application bundle with WineBottler, tick the convert option then click go and then click install when the next window comes up and name it as turbo sliders or what ever you want. Make sure you install it to Pogram files/Jollygood Games/Turbo sliders/sliders.exe.

3. Next you need to download the Evo 2 mod (which also can be found by clicking on guide on the BSS website). You will be able to find that in your downloads the same way you did it when you downloaded normal Turbo Sliders, it will be called 'STS Evolution 2.exe'. Open it up again, but this time instead of converting it click the Run directly option and tick then run it as /Users/yourusername/Library/Application Support/Wine/prefixes/Turbo Sliders.

4. Next it will come up with the installation like normally on windows, but make sure you click Launch Evo2 Mod. Then once installed STS will start running on your Mac! Repeat step 3 (Apart from the downloading part) and 4 each time you want to run STS.

Last edited by Rob on Tue Sep 25, 2012 11:24 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Tue Sep 25, 2012 11:18 pm

Post Re: How to run STS on Mac.
Extremely useful information. Thanks TR :thumb:

Tue Sep 25, 2012 11:19 pm
Profile WWW

If you need me to go into deeper info, please feel free to pm me or post on this thread. :)

Tue Sep 25, 2012 11:22 pm

The only issue I have found with it is copying and pasting the IP's. It wont work, so I just have to write the IP's out on a piece of scrap paper, no biggie but could get annoying.

Wed Sep 26, 2012 2:32 pm

Having a nightmare with this, TR. Can't seem to find the file directory for Step 4. Any advice?

Fri Dec 28, 2012 5:14 pm
Profile WWW

Alternatively you can do the sensible thing and not buy a Mac?

Fri Dec 28, 2012 7:03 pm

Ze3 wrote:
Alternatively you can do the sensible thing and not buy a Mac?

The most sensible thing you could ever do :) :lol:.

Fri Dec 28, 2012 7:21 pm
Profile WWW

Problem I have here is not being able to create the Jollygood Games directory. I can't point the installation there because it doesn't exist. Any ideas, TR? :scratch:

Sun Dec 30, 2012 12:08 pm
Profile WWW

Chrissy wrote:
Problem I have here is not being able to create the Jollygood Games directory. I can't point the installation there because it doesn't exist. Any ideas, TR? :scratch:

Sorry for the late reply Chrissy, only just seen this. I really don't have any ideas mate, when I was trying to get it to work I must have tried several different ways. The file directory was already there before I ran it. Sorry I cant be of any help! :(

Sat Jan 19, 2013 2:55 pm

hi guys

would anyone be able to help me get the game on my new macbook? really confused in how to get it on. Would like to be able to keep on playing but couldnt stand getting another laptop with windows on ha.

any help much appreciated.

Thu Nov 26, 2015 9:11 pm

Can anyone help me on this?

Would like to guest a few times but im getting frustrated in using wine and the prefixes. If someone could help, it would be really appreciated

Wed Dec 16, 2015 8:14 pm

As far as I'm aware only Rob (formerly Tiger Rider) has had STS running on Mac and, if I recall correctly, that was using Wine. Edit: just noticed that your post is appended to Rob's thread and it is indeed using Wine.

Definitely isn't something I can assist with as I don't possess nor ever intend to buy one. More than happy with Windows for what I need from a computer.

Wed Dec 16, 2015 8:37 pm
Profile WWW

I am running it on Mac, send me a PM and I'll see if I can help

Thu Dec 17, 2015 1:42 pm

SuddenRotten also had sliders running under Wine on a Macbook, so he might be able to offer some assistance as well :?

Sat Dec 19, 2015 12:09 am

HenryW wrote:
SuddenRotten also had sliders running under Wine on a Macbook, so he might be able to offer some assistance as well :?

SR?! Technical assistance?! Few too many tonight Henners? :lol:

Sat Dec 19, 2015 12:17 am
Profile WWW
Reply to topic   [ 17 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next